Friday, February 6, 2015

Thuja, Yet Again

When you knit the same pattern over and over (and over and over) and use the same needles and yarn to do it, you anticipate it will take the same amount of yarn. I've knit Thujas using leftover sweater yarn three times, and they've taken 78, 82, and 80 grams each time. I had 80 grams left, perfect for one more pair, right?


Wrong. Apparently I was relaxed (or something) and knit the first one so loosely that it took 45 grams. 45 grams! Are you kidding me?!


Pattern: Thuja from Knitty (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Dark Horse Fantasy in #82
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: January 1 - 5, 2015.
Mods: None.
Problems: Ran out of yarn. Now they have orange toes. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!