Thursday, August 6, 2015

Friendship Bracelets

I was a part of a friendship bracelet swap on Ravelry. I received an excellent anklet and bracelet:


And made two for my swapee:


Patterns: Macrame Leaves
Thread: DMC in Blanc (White), 699 (Green), 726 (Light Topaz), 720 (Dark Orange Spice), 722 (Light Orange Spice)
Timeframe: July 2015
Mods: None!
Problems: Tension wasn't the most consistent, but I'm happy with it!

Patterns: Pattern #86772
Thread: DMC in Blanc (White), 310 (Black), 726 (Light Topaz), 720 (Dark Orange Spice), 722 (Light Orange Spice), 600 (Very Dark Cranberry), 602 (Medium Cranberry), 603 (Cranberry), 605 (Very Light Cranberry)
Timeframe: July 2015
Mods: Made the ends arrow-shaped based on the design.
Problems: Tension wasn't the most consistent, but I'm happy with it! I also ran out of the white and black 3/4 of the way through so had to add more. I don't think the knots are visible.


Aside from my cats thinking the threads flying about were things for them to play with, I had almost no problems and these went fairly quickly! I did have to add more white and black to the larger bracelet, and I did that by tying each one of the six strands to the new strand of the thread. You can tell on the back where I added the new stuff, but it doesn't really show on the front. The tension isn't consistent, so the leaves on the anklet aren't all the same size and the pattern for the bracelet isn't as clear as it could be. I hope the swapee enjoys them anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!