Monday, August 24, 2015

New Chair!

As I was sitting on our 3-year-old, $48 Craigslist couch thinking about how much I hate it and wondering where else I should sit, I realized I had the perfect solution, and all it needed was an hour or two of cutting and sewing.


I bought a swivel rocker from Goodwill sans cushion probably a year ago. I then got foam, fabric, and a zipper for cushion for this chair. The chair then waited in the corner for me to 1. figure out how to cut the foam into a more cushion-like shape (husband rounded the edges with a handsaw) and 2. cut and sew the fabric. Husband did #1 a couple of months ago, hoping it would turn at least one open project into a finished item.


This was pretty simple. I cut out two pieces roughly 1/2" larger around than the pad itself. I cut a strip to go around roughly 1" wider than the depth of the cushion. I sewed it all together with a 1/4" seam allowance, putting a zipper on the seam that would be on the back of the top of the cushion. No, I didn't iron, bad seamstress!


Voila! Comfy knitting/reading/sometimes working chair, with lovely handknit blanket that I just couldn't leave when I saw it at Goodwill. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!