Since my sock blockers bit the dust, I was considering where to buy my next set from. A helpful post on Ravelry noted that I could just get some placemats, trace my current pair, and have a quick, cheap, and easy new set. So that's what I did!
I got a very inexpensive pack of four flexible cutting boards, then used my retired sock blocker as the pattern for the new ones.
They were surprisingly easy to cut with just kitchen shears.
I cut outside the Sharpie line because I like how the outline looks. I also added a hole at the top so they can be hung on things like a shower rod for pictures and drying. They're a bit more flexible than I'd recommend for sock blockers, and it took a little coaxing to get the test sock on, but for under $6 for four, I'm not going to complain!