Thursday, April 13, 2017

Green Itineris

Another green March finish. This one was a commission. It was also started last year and got 1200 yards out of my stash.

Pattern: Itineris (Ravelrymine)
Yarn: Hedgehog Fibers Skinny Singles in Potluck and Pine
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: November 16, 2016 - March 15, 2017
Mods: Added another repeat to the body and proportionally more stitches to the border.
Problems: The yarn didn't love the knitted-on border, it started to get fuzzy as it was shifted along the needles, but I think it should be fine in the long term.

It turned out huge! I blocked it on my California King bed, and it took up just about the entire diagonal half!

I didn't use up quite as much yarn as I'd hoped, but it would not have gotten another body repeat plus proportional edging. I could probably have increased the edging so it was no longer in the same proportions as the original, but didn't think of that until I was far enough along that I didn't want to stress the edging row again. If I were to do it again, I would have added another two stripes to the body and then done the edging to make it look more like the pattern. Having the edging bump up against the body pattern makes it appear as though it's not the same six stripes of white like the rest of the shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!