Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clogs of 2012

I made three pairs of clogs in 2012, a pair for myself, Lee, and my sister who asked me for some. Lee and I wore through ours in Japan, so threw them away when we moved. Our current place has all hardwood floors and no rugs, so new slippers were a must when the weather began to cool! I love the

Mine, very similar to my old ones but pink instead of red (and a rather bad picture):


Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Plum Heather and Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Nature's Brown
Needles: US13/9.0mm
Timeframe: September 18 - 30, 2012
Mods: I use Judy's Magic Cast-On to start the soles because I hate seaming.
Problems: None, love this pattern!

Lee's (also not a great picture), colors chosen based on what stash I had available:
 
 
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes and Japanese wool in Black, Patons Classic Wool in three blues for the cuff and sole.
Needles: US13/9.0mm
Timeframe: October 9 - 27, 2012
Mods: I use Judy's Magic Cast-On to start the soles because I hate seaming.
Problems: I ran out of both of the original colors and had to use some other black and blue yarns from the stash to finish. He doesn't mind, and I got to use up more stash, so I'm not complaining!

My sister's (also a bad picture), in the requested Barney the Dinosaur colors (though I think the green is a bit bright). In retrospect, I should have needle felted three green dots onto the purple for more Barney-ness:


Yarn: Patons Classic Merino in Royal Purple and Leaf Green
Needles: US13/9.0mm
Timeframe: November 21 - 30, 2012
Mods: I use Judy's Magic Cast-On to start the soles because I hate seaming.
Problems: None, except that I wanted to finish them by Thanksgiving but forgot to start them until, oh, the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!