Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Swap!

I participated in a biscornu swap through a Ravelry group I joined. A biscornu is a small ornamental pincushion usually made with two squares sewn together to make an 8-sided shape. They are typically cross stitched (or embroidered, or done with blackwork, or stitched in some other way) and there are a LOT of patterns and tutorials on the web so you can make your own. I got an excellent green pincushion with lovely beads accenting the edges (and bonus cat!):


Top View:


It shall live on my bookshelf and probably be the repository for cross stitching needles. I know I had a bunch of them somewhere before, but I have no idea where they went! I typically get kits and each kit comes with a needle. I've lost some but have completed enough kits that I should have a pile of needles, rather than one per current WIP and two extras. Very curious.

My swap partner also tossed in the extra beads and some yarn - this will definitely become a pair of earrings and a bracelet!


I am very happy with what I got, and I hope my swapee is as happy with what I sent. What did I send? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!