Wednesday, December 3, 2014

New Socks!

I finished the Ducks in a Row socks! I don't think they turned out quite as nice as the sample that was photographed for the pattern/yarn combo - my skein seems to have slightly more muddy, less pop-y colors. I also prefer top-down socks so did mine that way, knitting the pattern upside-down compared to its intended toe-up direction. I think I like it better in the toe-up direction. I also want to note that the skein was generous. It had 120 grams instead of the listed 100, which was necessary to make these socks for my feet!



Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale Sock in Birds of a Feather
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: November 4 - 20, 2014
Mods: Top-down instead of toe-up, Eye of Partridge heel instead of short row.
Problems: None!

 
Another lovely pair for the sock drawer, and now I must go back to finishing that other pair...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!