Thursday, December 11, 2014

Nine Washcloths

I wound up knitting nine washcloths to gift with some soap I made. They were a big hit, and I was able to use up most of the large skein I still had from last year's washcloths.


Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Solids in Husk
Needles: US7/4.5mm, USH crochet hook for CO
Timeframe: November 1 - 28, 2014
Mods: Bound off on Row 2 to match cast-on better
Problems: None!

I used a mold for the soaps to make some little flowers of olive oil soap. Decorative if desired, but also 100% useful and something that is made to be used up. As we've moved a few times and are planning to move again (and would like to live in a relatively uncluttered place), I'm more a fan of useful gifts that have a definite purpose and/or will be used up. These fit the bill nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!