Saturday, December 13, 2014

Stashbuster Trivets, Washcloths, and Tawashis

In order to use up all of my leftover kitchen cotton, I decided to make a couple of interesting trivets and some washcloths. Then I made a couple of tawashis because I had more left over than anticipated.

Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Fruit Punch
Needles: US7/4.5mm, USH crochet hook for CO
Timeframe: December 1- , 2014
Mods: Bound off on Row 2 to match cast-on better
Problems: None!

My only complaint with the trivets is that the colors aren't really distinct enough to make the pattern pop like some others on Ravelry. They'll be useful and I finished off both skeins of the cotton I had laying around - that's more important than the color scheme!

Pattern: Woven Circles Trivet (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Husk and Fruit Punch
Hook: 5.0mm/USH
 Timeframe: November 29 - 30, 2014
Mods: I used the chain stitches modification (22 sts) instead of plastic rings.
Problems: Only the desire for different colors, no problems with the pattern itself!

Pattern: I (heart) tawashis (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Fruit Punch
Needles: US7/4.5mm
Hook: 5.0mm/USH
 Timeframe: December 3 - 4, 2014
Mods: None!
Problems: Had to find a cached version of the pattern as the site seems to be offline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!