Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fabulous Fetchings

Yay, I have finished my Fetchings! Took a week longer than I thought, mostly due to rain and bringing too many things to work. I worked on these almost exclusively while walking to and from work, and when it rained, I carried an umbrella. I did not even attempt to knit with an umbrella, mostly because if I were to drop a needle, it would disappear down the huge ditches alongside all the streets for water runoff, and I would have no clue how to replace them here. If I brought more stuff to work than could fit in my purse, I generally used my BYOB, and therefore did not have free hands for knitting. Again, it may have been possible, but I did not try due to the drainage system. It's literally two to three feet deep and generally covered by
grates that could certainly swallow a size US6 knitting needle.


Pattern: Fetching, from Knitty
Yarn:Cascade 220
Timeframe: October 14 - November 1, 2008
Mods: None
Problems:None (with the pattern at least - I definitely tangled up the scrap yarn for the thumb hole and the knitting yarn a few times!)

I have finished my Fetchings just in time for the cold snap we had this week to suddenly go away. It went from being in the low 50s back up to being in the 60s, so gloves are no longer necessary for my walk to work. But finished they are! And Calorimetry, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!