Saturday, June 15, 2013

Simple Socks

With some simple self-striping yarn, I made two pairs of almost-instant-gratification stockinette socks. Or at least, they would have been almost-instant-gratification had I gone directly from sock #1 to sock #2 for each pair.


Yarn: Green - ONline Supersocke 100
Purple - Universal Yarn Ditto in Purple Cascade
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: Green - January 14 - June 8, 2013
Purple - February 21 - May 19, 2013
Mods: Shortened the leg on both socks, on the first sock to be sure I would have enough yarn (didn't need to), and on the second because I realized that I much prefer a shorter sock leg or additional calf shaping. It's easier to shorten the leg than to figure out the shaping, especially when you barely have enough brainpower left at the end of the day to figure out dinner. Yay grad school!
Problems: None with the patterns, had to rip back and re-knit the purple sock toes due to haste.


Both pairs were part of February Frenzy. I'm not sure if I like the yarn yet. It seems a bit scratchy and I don't know if that will be a problem. I usually don't mind scratchy yarns, so it shouldn't be. I'm just happy to have two more pairs of socks in the sock drawer - just in time for summer, when I typically don't wear socks at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!