Monday, February 13, 2017

February Frenzy 2017: Day 13

Today I built up some steam and tried to finish some of the things I've started. First off, today's new thing, another pair of stitch marker sandals, finished this time!


This is the third of four beading kits I purchased way back in Japan. The first two were orange and green, and I still have a yellow set. The orange and green had the same main color transparent beads, so I assumed all four kits did. I was just continuing to use the beads from the prior kits, no point in opening the new beads until needed, and after two pairs and a bit of two more sandals, it was time to open the next set of main color beads. I think you see where this is going.

Of course, the purple actually came with opaque beads. Crap. What about the yellow kit? Translucent. So three different styles of beads. Luckily, due to the February Frenzy, I had two sandals where the footbed was up to about the border (where I stopped on Day 11) because I had used up the rest of the beads to continue on the barely-begun sandal from Day 12. I would have been very annoyed to have to either pull one apart or make a fraternal set! I decided to go with the translucent ones and border both footbeds since that would work out well, instead of starting over. I only had to pull out three beads and it looks pretty good. Difficult to tell except in bright light. The only problem I'm having now is that if the beads manage to jump off the table and into the slightly shaggy carpet, they are less shiny so much more difficult to find, even with the high-powered flashlight!


Day 1: Baby Blanket!
Day 2: Beaded Stitch Marker
Day 3: Sock Darning
Day 4: Replacement Fluorescent Sock
Day 5: PussyHat
Day 6: PussyHat
Day 7: Baby Booties
Day 8: Baby Booties
Day 9: Baby Hat
Day 10: Baby Hat
Day 11: Beaded Stitch Marker
Day 12: Beaded Stitch Marker
Day 13: Beaded Stitch Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!