Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Going Rogue

Or at least, finally posting about finishing this well-worn sweater!


Pattern: Rogue (Rav)
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, Fern
Needles: US7/4.5mm and 8/5.0mm
Timeframe: March 9, 2008 - February 14, 2009
Mods: I lengthened it by an inch.
Problems: I should have lengthened the body by another inch or two and I didn't start the pocket correctly, so it doesn't look quite right. There was also a LOT of lag time in between the start and finish of this one!
I wear it all the time, and I love it so much! The only real problem with the wear is that it pills easily. This would probably not be a problem if it were knit in a tighter gauge, but I like the gauge and just need to go over it more often than I do with a de-pilling device. Love the cable details, it was really an easy sweater, it just needs to be longer to look good on my torso!

The main picture is from our trip to Taiwan, and is actually a pretty good  photo so I'll just use it rather than having this post sit in my drafts forever waiting for me to pull out the sweater and the camera at the same time on a day where the lighting is good enough to get a better finished picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!