Friday, November 4, 2011

Hemlock Ring from Way Back

Along with that Blocking Part III post, I never did a final post for the other two projects that I blocked in that session. I never even took better pictures of them after blocking! To rectify that, here's an FO post and usage recap for the Hemlock Ring.

It's made from acrylic, so it was never going to keep its shape well since I didn't melt it into place well enough. I left this one with my mom and it's a lap blanket kept on the couch and I believe mostly used by the dogs at this point. Being in Japan, I can't get a better picture of it, but that's all right. My grandfather absolutely loves his, the first one I made, and keeps it by his chair in the winter for constant use. It's always gratifying when the objects you make are actually used by the people you make them for. I'd love to knit my grandfather a sweater, I just need to make the sweaters I have stash for first and get a bit better at understanding shaping and construction. The blanket:


Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket (Rav)
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice, 4 skeins of Taupe
Needles: US10/6.0mm
Timeframe: November 2007 - January 2008
Mods: None
I really liked this yarn for an acrylic and would use it again anywhere that shaping or holding its shape (like lace) wasn't an issue. A plain blanket, a stockinette sweater, a scarf, they would all be great in this yarn if you wanted an easy care, low-cost acrylic. Not the best for this pattern though and I would definitely recommend wool if you're thinking of knitting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!