Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blocking Part III, or I Knit THAT?!?!

Here's a post from waaaaaaaaay back that is the final post of a series. I also apparently never did a final project post for this project or probably the other two associated with it, so here you go!

As you'll recall from my last post the Aaaargh-yle socks did not require massive blocking. As I said, I "Laid them into place, made sure the toe was rounded correctly, and left them to dry"... for three days. Three days these things took! Granted, it was four strands of yarn at the skulls it had to dry through, but still...

They are now with their intended recipient, and I will show the blocking picture again, since there isn't really a difference between seeing them on the blanket and seeing them anywhere else.
Yarn: Was supposed to be four colors of KnitPicks Essential, but that yarn order never made it, which is a good part of the problem of why it's not done for Christmas. (The other part is that it takes like 20 - 25 hours to make one of these instead of the 10 - 15 I was estimating. Whoops.)
I also used Wildfoote for the white and gray and Lang Jawoll for the brown. The Jawoll is slightly thinner than the other two which are about the same thickness, but a knitter's gotta do what a knitter's gotta do, and it's not really noticeable.

Needles: US1.5/2.5mm KnitPicks 6" metal DPNs from the set of six.

Pattern: Adaptation of others. 82 stitches for the leg, 1" 2x2 cuff and then the argyle pattern, all knit flat and adapted from the Aaargh-yle .pdf and the 82 st chart found at MothHeaven. Instead of continuing the pattern down the foot like a traditional argyle, I made the foot all black for ease of knitting and fewer seams. Standard heel flap (sl1, k1 row, *sl1, p1* next row) with gusset and a French toe.

Next up, MS3! I am so amazingly happy with this. While it's more of a stole-ette, it's perfect for going just over the shoulders in something strappy. I am so amazed at how well it came out after blocking, every time I walk near it I have to pick it up and start dancing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!