Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally, The Lace Rib Raglan

I finished this one once before. It was a test knit, and I just didn't quite like the way the top turned out. The shoulders liked to slide off, and it was quite cleavage-baring. So, I ripped it back to where the neckline began, brought that up two inches which in turn brought the shoulders in, since I was starting the decreases later. It's now quite lovely, and I've worn it a few times, but only managed to photograph it when we went to Boston to pick up our visas. I love many of the design elements, but as it's a cute cotton top, if I were to re-do it, I'd probably add another inch to the body stockinette section and also put in some waist shaping. That's the one thing I don't like about it. When I've been sitting or lounging about for a bit (in the car for over an hour going to Boston) the midsection stretches and looks huge. A bit of decreasing for the waist would alleviate that. It's very comfortable and I LOVE the lace rib portions at the hem, arms, and neckline.

How does it look now? Like this:

See what I mean about the waist bit? It makes me look a bit larger than I am. Looks fine in the earlier picture, and had I been thinking about it I probably could have tugged it into a bit of a better fit, but there it is.

Pattern: Lace Rib Raglan (Rav) from Gardiner Yarn Works
Yarn: Jaeger Aqua in Olive
Timeframe: Nearly a year in the making, I started this in October 2007, finished it for the first time October 14, 2007 (or at least that's when I took a picture of it blocking!), but finished it for the second time July 9, 2008.
Mods: See above!
Problems: Again with the see above!

And now for some artsy shots of my favorite bits of this pullover:

The pocket shot, showing the lovely edging and my pocket.

The neckline shot, showing, ummm...art? And a cool rock in the background.

The shoulder shot, showing the way cool raglan seam, the lace rib detailing at the shoulder and arm, and some rocks and a tree.

Tres cool, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!