Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yarn!

We all know sock yarn isn't stash. Neither is laceweight, for the most part. Therefore, this is my entire stash:


And this is not stash:


As Lee says, don't make the yarn angry. It will get even. Apparently, it multiplies, and ate the couch. See:


That right there is all of my fibery goodness, all of the roving and yarn of all flavors (except the bag o' scraps) that are not currently used in projects. Maybe I do have too much...I mean, I have, according to my Ravelry stash page (which only counts what I have here in Japan, not the bit of stash I left home) 24.5 miles, yes, MILES of yarn. That is not in a project - if we count the yarn in my WIP basket, that's another mile or two, I'm sure. There's at least 550 oz, nearly 1.5 miles, in sock yarn alone, and then I have a sweater's worth of sport weight and a half mile in Alpaca Cloud for one stole and a whole bunch of crappy fingering weight but not sock yarn that is still fighting me, and...I think that's it. So at least three miles of in progress stuff. In addition to the stash in the closet and on the bookshelf waiting for its turn. Wow, that is a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!