Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Socks

I knit a whole bunch of stuff for Christmas.  I knit four pairs of thick socks, mostly Thujas, this Christmas, plus one sock earlier in the year as requested.  I also tried Malabrigo Rios, and oh my, that yarn is yummy!  Must get more for me!  Also, as I've said before, I should really knit myself a pair of Thujas - I've knit everyone and their brother at least one pair (two for some people), where's mine?




Pattern: Thuja from Knitty
Yarn: All yarns are from Seria, all ふわっと彩色 (Drifting Colors), a heathery wool/acrylic blend.
Timeframe: Varied.
Mods: None, multiple foot sizes.
Problems: None. Love this pattern so, so, so much!



I did knit a non-Thuja out of the Rios, a Skeive sokker modified.

  


Pattern: Skeive sokker (Rav)
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios 856 Azules, 3.5 grams under 1 skein

Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: November 24 - December 12, 2010
Mods: A few. Larger needles, smaller cast on (42), typical odd-numbered heel flap pattern (*Sl1, K1* to end, Sl1, P across next row), slight changes to the body of the sock, for full info, see my Ravelry project page.
Problems: None, except of my own making.  I tried casting on 48 first, and while it was a good size and fabric, it was eating yarn way too quickly.  42 obviously also worked.

These socks were so amazingly warm, soft, and wonderful, I really was sad giving them up.  The colors are ever-so-vibrant and gorgeous too.  I must get this yarn again!  Probably will get two skeins with my next Loopy Ewe order, one for socks for me, and one for socks for Lee, and maybe another skein for socks for my FIL for next Christmas, because this yarn truly is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!