Friday, April 8, 2011

Christmas Gifts finished in March

The goal for the year, to minimize year-end carpal tunnel due to frenzied knitting and to maximize on-time Christmas gifting, was to knit two Christmas presents per month.  I managed to do more UFO and stash knitting than anticipated thus far, so I'm not too upset by the behindness in Christmas gifts, but I am two months behind.  Only two finished thus far, both in March.

First up, yet another Thuja!  I love this yarn and am interested to see how it wears.  It looks great as an FO!


Pattern: Thuja from Knitty (Ravelry)
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Garnet Heather
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: March 13 - April 1, though they were waiting for a block for a few days.
Mods: None.
Problems: None. Love this pattern so, so, so much!
I also finished a scarf.  I dislike scarves typically, but this one was pretty good, if a bit boring for the long stretch of plain rows in between the designs on either end.  I made the cast on and bind off two-colored to match the edges, using a crochet cast-on for the beginning and a yarn-over bindoff for the end.  Check out my Ravelry page for more technical information.
Yarn: Diakeito Diaepoca, two skeins of black and two of green.
Needles: US5/3.75mm
Timeframe: January 14 - April 1
Mods: Some.  Cast on/Bind off to match sides, used instructions from the two-row Noro scarf slipping the first and last stitch of every second row to make a nice edge.  Marked where I ran out of yarn from the first two skeins to maximize yarn usage and length.  No fringe.
Problems: None!

Now to not forget about or lose either of these for Christmas.  Shouldn't be too difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!