Saturday, March 3, 2012

Winter Wear

I've knit a hat and neckwarmer set for my grandmother and a cowl with buttons for my grandfather. Also because both used up stash yarn and counted for the Harry Potter House Cup!


Pattern: 5 Hour Hat and Gaiter/Neckwarmer/Headband (Rav)
Yarn: Cascade Bulky Leisure leftovers, most of a skein
Needles: US13/9.0 mm and US15/10.0 mm
Timeframe: February 5 - 9
Mods: Added some length to the hat.
Problems: None!


This was a very fast knit and an excellent use of leftovers. I had less than a yard left when I finished! Very cute, very nice set, though I do wonder how warm the cowl will be. It's not particularly close-fitting.


Pattern: Berg
Yarn: A bulky Japanese clearance yarn, Betty
Notions: 28 mm buttons
Needles: US10/6.0 mm
Timeframe: February 22 - March 1
Mods: Striped
Problems: Buttonhole instructions are a bit vague.

Love this one, almost sad it's going to someone else! I had 50% of one skein and all of a second, so I did 4 rows of the main color, 2 rows contrasting, carrying the extra yarn up the side. Came out great! I could have gone up a needle size, but this turned out to be the perfect length and I couldn't have gotten another row out of either color, major success! I did have to buy buttons to finish it off, since it needed slightly larger ones than what I had on hand, but I think I got nicely matching buttons and it turned out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!