Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tour de Fleece - Ish

I'm not participating in the Tour de Fleece. I missed the first three days of spinning, so I am not officially participating. However, it is the motivation for me pulling out the wheel and going through some stash. I did end up bringing my wheel and fiber with me, it ended up packing down nicely. So far, I've got a very full bobbin of the first color I pulled out, Mahogany Crush, and I'm wondering what to do with the rest. I decided to chain-ply the first bobbin, since I like chain-plying, it's the majority of that color, and my spinning is not yet even enough to ply nicely even if it was exactly half.


Now the question is, what do I do with the other 23.7 grams of this roving. I'm leaning towards pulling out another color that will probably ply nicely with it and taking the same amount of roving to spin and ply in a 2-ply. Maybe even to use with the 3-ply in some kind of shawl or something. Depends on the final weight of the yarn. Maybe a cute little cardigan of some sort.

Today's goal: plying the first skein and finishing it. Maybe when I know how much it is, I can have a better idea of what I want to do with the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!