Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February Frenzy: Day 5

On the 5th day of February, I dyed some roving:

I measured out and braided up 4 oz (114 grams) of roving:


Then I got my dyeing crock pot ready and added one packet of Kool-Aid per ounce of roving, so three green packets and one blue to give it a deeper green:


I cooked the yarn for most of an hour, until the dye bath was mostly colorless:


Finally, I had my finished roving, ready to spin:


It's a little bit mottled in places and because I braided it, I'm sure that it will have spots of white and lighter green throughout. I wanted something with character, which is why I dyed it this way, so I'm sure I'll love spinning it up!

The List:

Day 1: Sheldon Pirate Shell (modifying hat, not yet finished)
Day 2: Bear Hat (needs ears, not yet finished)
Day 3: V-Day Cross Stitch (mostly stitched, not yet finished)
Day 4: Sock #1 (finished! but needs a mate)
Day 5: Dyed Roving (finished! but needs to be spun)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!