Wednesday, August 7, 2013

SpinFail

I pulled out my cross stitches to photograph them, and then the local Jo-Ann's got some of the newer Disney Dreams cross stitches in and had their Coupon Commotion. I really, really, really want to open a new one! I realized how close Mickey and the Fireman is to completion, and the pillowcases were close too. Instead of spinning, I used the bit of time I could be spinning to cross stitch. Oops!

The pillowcase is done, though I can't seem to get the last couple rust stains out and it's not a particularly well-done specimen:


Mickey and the Fireman is extremely close and probably will be finished this month:


Two of four pages of pattern 100% complete, just some glow-in-the-dark thread sections and backstitching with in dark brown left to go. I'm thinking I'm going to gift it to my grandfather since he was a fireman, but I don't know if it's something they'd want hanging in their house - maybe I'll ask my grandmother first to see if they have space and want it. I've spent a LOT of time on it and I'd hate for it to be hidden away in the basement at their house when I can hang it here.

I may give in to my new-kit desires once I finish this one. I have some small kits that have been sitting in the stash forever. It won't be as satisfying to start in on as the large Disney kits, but once I finish Mickey and the Fireman I will have only a large and a medium project in progress and can start a small one with a clear conscience.


There's three Reflections kits, a Daydreams kit, and a handful of ornaments that all fit in the "small" category on the right followed by some medium holiday designs.


On the other end, there's the medium to huge Disney kits roughly from smallest to largest. The Art of Disney kits are in anticipated stitching order while the Disney Dreams are all basically the same size and same amount of work so I'll just grab whichever strikes my fancy when I get to them.


I think I may start with the Reflections Pansy kit and work through the small ones from there. Or go back to the in-progress Disney kit. Or spin. Or...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!