Saturday, July 26, 2014

Batts!

So far, I've only really spun from roving and a few rolags I've hand carded. Today I was out at the farmer's market and saw signs for a Yart sale - a yard sale full of artists selling excess supplies along with their wares. One of these artists was YarnZombie of Gaslight Dyeworks, and I had enough cash on me for a bag o' batts. While my husband was not amused by the additional crafting supplies, he was greatly amused by the perfect name, Intergalactic Planetary Anarchy.


Three batts came in the bag, a blue one, a red one, and a yellow one. They all have a lovely hint of sparkle and a lovely squish to them.


This red one is amazingly different on the top and bottom. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Once I figure out how to spin it - it seems most people split up their batts into roving-like bits. I'm pretty much thinking, it's already been prepared one way, if you wanted a different preparation, you should have bought roving! I guess I will learn. Time to finally ply the grey with rainbow bits singles that have been waiting ever-so-patiently by the wheel for over a month.


The yellow one is probably my favorite. It looks like Jupiter with the storm dot (on the left). They're so soft and squishy in batt form I hesitate to destroy their awesome with my mediocre spinning. If I didn't have to ply the grey and empty the bobbins, I probably wouldn't be hesitating at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!