Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wedding Cross Stitches

I mentioned many many moons ago that I was working on some cross stitches for weddings I was attending. Here are the finished projects, now that both recipients have theirs:


Both used DMC Light Effects threads. I love how it looks, but I hate working with it! It's stiff and prone to breakage, especially the multicolored one used for the second project. I've learned you have to cut it short to use it and even then, you may have to finish it off before you've used the strand.

I also only used one strand for the date on the first one. I didn't really want to take the time to re-do it with two strands, so I left it be even though it doesn't show up as nicely as it could. For the second, I added the second strand and think it turned out much better. Hopefully the recipients like them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!