Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Clogs of 2014 (and 2015)

I made five pairs of clogs this year, three as gifts and two for myself and my husband. The two for myself and my husband were made from scraps, so have interesting stripes but really helped me cut down on stash yarn entries and mileage.

Our washer/dryer does NOT do a good job fulling the slippers! Patons Classic Wool in Peacock with Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Nature's Brown, Patons Classic Wool in Harvest with Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Brown Heather

Pro tip: Don't fly with a head cold. Seriously. Really, don't do anything with a head cold. I managed to leave a cord from my interchangeable set at my in-law's so couldn't finish the clogs I was working on during the plane ride and couldn't do anything else. I knew my gauge would be off and following a pattern would result in multiple rips and re-dos. Then I thought I lost my travel scissors, but I apparently put them in the pocket next to where they are supposed to go, so couldn't finish the cuff of the clog I was working on.

Patons Classic Wool in Navy and Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Brown Heather
I then stole a cord from an in-progress project, taking it from "Sure it's a WIP, it's on the needles!" to "Exactly how old is this UFO?" status and allowing me to finish the final two pairs.


Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Harvest, Peacock, Navy, Royal Purple, Old Rose, Leaf Green, and Taupe; Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Nature's Brown and Brown Heather
Needles: US13/9.0mm
Timeframe: November 7, 2014 - January 4, 2015
Mods: I use Judy's Magic Cast-On to start the soles because I hate seaming.
Problems: None, love this pattern!


In the two prior pairs of clogs I made for myself and my husband, I added a third sole for more warmth. Looking at other pairs of clogs I made, it seems as though our clogs have worn through much more quickly. We might use them more often, but we've worn through two pairs while my in-laws are still on their first with minimal wear! I decided to just make the two layers to see if friction from the third layer actually makes them wear out faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!