Friday, June 3, 2016

Crochet Shawl

I've been wanting to crochet things for the past couple of months, and this shawl jumped out at me:



Pattern: Schultertuch / Dreieckstuch (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Stripe in Georgetown
Hook: USD/3.25 mm
Timeframe: April 2 - May 6, 2016
Mods: Added a scalloped edging to finish it off
Problems: None! 
 
 
I'm not sure I love the finished product and don't know if I want to keep it. The shawl looks amazing in a long stripe, so I grabbed some striped yarn that looked somewhat reasonable and got started. The Lorna's Laces are very short stripes, so it didn't really turn out the way I had imagined.


It's also a bit smaller than hoped-for, more of a neckerchief than a shawlette even. I could block it out better, I'm sure, or give it to someone with a bit more hair than I have. Also, it's pretty hard to get a picture of the back of your own head.


Glad it's done, but it might go into the gift pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!