Thursday, July 21, 2016

Gorgeous Commission Shawl

I recently had the opportunity to knit a sample shawl for White Birch Fiber Arts, a lovely dyer whose work can be found on etsy and at fiber festivals. I had a 600 yard sparkle gradient cake and I used up every last inch:


The shawl is a large crocheted piece of art, the kind I was sad to give up but happy because it will be displayed and in my opinion shows off the yarn beautifully.


Pattern: Taivas (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: White Birch Fiber Arts Sparkle Gradient, Shawl Style, Natural to Russet
Hook: USH/5.0mm
Timeframe: June 1 - July 14, 2016
Mods: Did four additional repeats of rows 31 & 32 to use up all of the yarn.
Problems: My final row didn't quite match what the pattern said it should be, so I fudged the center point.


I finished this one twice, once after three repeats of the lattice pattern, and again when I realized I had 13 grams of yarn left and could get another repeat in. Completely worth it, showing off all of the yarn is very much a win for this project!
 
 
It is a very large shawl, as you can see, and I hope the dyer enjoys displaying it as much as I enjoyed making it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!