Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It's not the heat, it's the humidity...

I finished an adorable little cardigan. It has a colorwork section. This means that I am trying to get four layers of wool to dry. In a very humid environment.


Will it dry before it gets a musty smell? Who knows! One thing I really liked about my dryer in Japan was that it came with a shelf so you could run the dryer with things (shoes, delicate items, etc.) on the shelf so they wouldn't get jostled. I know the Yarn Harlot has used the oven in the past, but I don't trust my oven one bit!


It is superwash and dryer-safe. I could just throw it in there. I worry that the colorwork and garter button bands won't sit as nicely after a run through the dryer, and at least for initial gift-giving, I'd like it to look its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!