Thursday, June 29, 2017

Yet Another Fail

What is it with projects this month? After the cabled sock didn't work with my light fingering bamboo sock yarn, I decided to try a colorwork sock. It was specifically for light fingering weight yarn, so I went with it, and even used the suggested needle, US1, smaller than I usually go, but hey, it's an 80-stitch sock, so why not?


The size of my heel is why not. It is ever-so-slightly too small. Had I used a US2 or a US2.5, I would probably have been fine, but the US1, while making a very firm gauge, also makes a slightly too-small sock. For now, I think I'm just going to put this yarn aside so it can think about what it's done.



I think maybe it actually wants to be a striped t-shirt. Maybe that's why it's causing me so many problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!