Thursday, August 27, 2009

Abstract Fiber Sock Samples


In addition to the lovely shawl, I got to work with a skein of Abstract Fiber Super Sock in Newport. Again, these are store samples for the designer to give to stores who are starting to offer the indie line. To better show off the yarn's versatility, I made two different patterns from one skein.
Pattern: Trident Lace Socks (Ravelry)
Yarn: Abstract Fiber Super Sock in Newport, just under 1/2 skein
Needles: US1.5/2.5 mm
Timeframe: June 1 - June 15 when it finally dried
Mods: None. Store sample, so pattern had to be followed to a T.
Problems: Only drying it with the major humidity we have here.


Pattern: Slippery Slope Socks (Ravelry)
Yarn: Abstract Fiber Super Sock in Newport, just under 1/2 skein
Needles: US1.5/2.5 mm
Timeframe: May 16 - June 16 when it finally dried
Mods: None. Store sample, so pattern had to be followed to a T.
Problems: Only drying it with the major humidity we have here.

I like the Slippery Slope Socks pattern a lot. Similar to the Pagewood Squiggle Socks, I really like how the cabling looks in handpainted yarns. Nice yarn, looks great up close, but as usual for these kinds of yarns, the patterns get lost from far away. Took a bit longer than anticipated, but I got them finished and sent them off to the dyer. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!