Thursday, November 4, 2010

FO: Caroline

Here's the first of a few finished object posts.  I had a blocking session the other day, so I've finished a few things that were hanging around.  First off, a cute hat that I can wear now that it's getting chilly out:


Pattern: Caroline, size L
Yarn: Peru DK Luxury in Purple, 2 skeins.
Needles: US4/3.5mm Addi Turbo Lace and DPNs.
Timeframe: October 3 - November 1, 2010.  One (long) day of knitting, one day of blocking and ribbon making, procrastination in between.
Mods: Slightly fewer rows per inch, so knit 5.5" brim instead of 6" and I love it!
Problems: None.  I think it's a tad larger than desired, but the small likely would have been too small, so no real complaints.

I've had this hat and the yarn to knit in in my queue for quite some time.  I finally took the yarn and pattern to RoboCon, a robotics competition my students were involved in, and knit it entirely during the competition and bus ride home.  It just had to wait awhile to get blocked and be-ribboned.  Mostly, I wanted to block a few things at once, and had enough projects in the "almost there!" stage of knitting where you're close but not really and it takes longer than you think but you're so optimistic you'll finish them this week that I waited until I did, in fact, finish a couple more of those items.  Which you'll see shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Could I implore, bg, bribe, or otherwise influence you to provide me a copy of this pattern?(if it's not against Ravelry rules, of course.) The linked website to the pattern is longer working and I just love this hat. Yours turned out just as cute as the original.

    Great work. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the link in the post, thanks for letting me know! It can be found <a href="http://web.archive.org/web/20101102033933/http://www.popknits.com/index.php/patterns/page/caroline/>here</a> using the Wayback Machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!