Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crocheted Snowflakes

Here's a bunch of FOs:



I made seven large snowflakes and six small.  I diluted some Elmer's glue with water, and learned that it was best to dunk each one in glue, wash of my hands, then pour on some glitter, turn it over and get the other side, and then pin it out.  Trying to glue, glitter, and pin each snowflake separately was a very messy experience.



I think they turned out well.  Most of them I gave to my school's RoboCon team to decorate their robot.  Their robot was Santa-themed, so very Christmasy and I wanted to add to the holiday cheer.  Also, sparkles!  Who can say no to sparkles?!



Pattern: Snowflake Bookmark (Rav), 6 Snowflakes
Yarn: Daiso Cotton Lace #20
Hook: 1.8 mm/US 6 steel hook
Timeframe: November 12 - 19, they're quick!
Mods: I finished the snowflakes instead of making them into bookmarks.
Problems: None.

Pattern: Lacy and Open Snowflake (Rav), 7 Snowflakes
Yarn: Daiso Cotton Lace #20
Hook: 1.8 mm/US 6 steel hook
Timeframe: November 12 - 19, they're quick!
Mods: None, except changing the hook and thread sizes.
Problems: None.


It gets lost in my current tree, but I love it anyway.  I have one large and one small snowflake hiding amidst the pink ornaments on my little tabletop tree.
RoboCon Robot
 For more info on the RoboCon robot, see the Regionals post and the Nationals post over at my Japan blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!