Friday, May 20, 2011

What's goin' on?

Blog silence for awhile. Not that that's new or anything. Must take more and better pictures so I can blog about projects midway rather than just the finished ones. I always find the midway posts more interesting on blogs I read, I just don't seem to have interesting things to say or take pictures for mine.

Ah well.

Recently, I bought a bunch of plants. I like plants, though I've killed all that I've tried to grow. We had some mint and oregano seeds that if I were watering other plants anyway, I'd try to grow those too.  I bought five little ones from the dollar store and arranged them in a pot:


Sure, they'll outgrow the pot soon enough, but that's okay, they're pretty now and given my track record may not ever actually live that long. I also got some pretty flowers from the flower shop, put them in pots, and planted the seeds in some of them because the flowers won't last that long, I'm sure:


All the pots had dirt from last year (or the year before) when they were planted, so I just used that. Oddly enough, four out of the five pots have tiny little sprouts. Only two of them are purposefully seeded, so I guess we'll see if it's weeds or mint from two years ago or something else entirely that is growing in my plants!


On the knitting front, more Rhiannon while out and about and at work (no photo), a way-cool illusion scarf I started when I had to be in on Saturday (no photo either, it's still at work!), and the blanket:


Really hoping I get this one done for a 1-year anniversary gifting...but as of right now, I'm honestly not sure if I'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!