Saturday, November 5, 2011

As Promised

Here's a final post for my Mystery Stole III, something that gets A LOT of use! I love this thing, I wear it as a scarf in the winter and give it a good wet block whenever I want to wear it out as a shawl. I never really got good pictures of it or did a final post showing it off, so I pulled out the camera and the shawl and got some a good shots:


The beads were originally silver, but I suppose when you buy beads from a big-box craft store for $1, you can't complain too hard when the silver wears off! At least they're clear underneath, so still work well for the shawl. Not as nice as the silver was originally against the black, but not bad.



Pattern: Swan Lake/ Mystery Stole III (Rav)
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare, dyed black
Needles: US3/3.25mm
Timeframe: July 2007 - January 2008
Mods: None

Now, knowing more about lace (this was my first major project), I'd use larger needles by a size or two. This one came out much smaller than anticipated, and while I love the design, would much prefer a larger, more open piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!