Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Frenzy: Wrap-Up

This month, I showed that I am (still) bad at daily blogging, though every few days I can put a string of posts together. I also showed that I work on a LOT of different projects all the time; this month wasn't particularly different than many months projects-wise. If Blogger had a better webcam function, I would try to do a daily what-am-I-working-on post, but I think I'd fail at that if I have to dig out the camera, take pictures, and upload them daily. I also want to take better project pictures. Some projects of mine were well-photographed, but the majority are poorly lit and framed because I feel I have to get a picture in for one reason or another. Webcam shots in that category as a look-what-I'm-doing thing would not bother me, but I want to be a bit more deliberate about actual project pictures in the future.

So, crazy tangent to say: I liked the idea behind the February posting, would like to keep a short, daily post going on, but Blogger doesn't give you a few seconds delay to take webcam shots (like Ravelry does) so I probably won't.

What did I work on, and what did I accomplish this month? Well, let's look at the list:

Day 1: Sheldon Pirate Shell (modifying hat, not yet finished)
Day 2: Bear Hat
Day 3: V-Day Cross Stitch
Day 4: Sock #1 (finished! but needs a mate)
Day 5: Dyed Roving
Day 6: Sock #2 (finished! but needs a mate)
Day 7: Baby Bootie
Day 8: Coaster
Day 9: Cross stitch (that isn't working out as planned!)
Day 10: Sleeve (sleeve is done, but not the rest of the sweater!)
Day 11: Stash Organization
Day 12: Stash Update
Day 13: Valentine's Day Card
Day 14: Baby Bootie
Day 15: Julia Test Knit
Day 16: Singles from Dyed Roving
Day 17: Singles from Dyed Roving
Day 18: Disney Cross Stitch
Day 19: Brown Singles
Day 20: Cat Bed
Day 21: Blue Singles
Day 22: Plying the Green Yarn
Day 23: Plying the Other Yarn
Day 24: Headband
Day 25: Baby Booties 
Day 26: Sock #3 (finished! but needs a mate)
Day 27: Sock #4 (finished! but needs a mate)
Day 28: Nothing new?!?!?!

I worked on 20 different main projects, breaking them down into components like dyeing the roving and each ply of the yarn. Of those 20, five were meant to be completed next month for the Harry Potter challenges and one is my current large cross stitch that won't be finished for some time. I met my goals for the Harry Potter projects and finished eleven out of the fourteen other projects. I still need to completely rip out and re-stitch that cross stitch that didn't work out as planned. Soon. I'd say it was a pretty good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!