Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fancy Bookmarks

I like to have a couple of things on hand for random gifts. Sometimes a nice bookmark is an excellent gift, especially as a thank-you for something big. At Christmas, I ran out of my backup bookmarks, so had to crochet a few more:


Pattern: Fan Bookmark (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: DMC Cebelia Cotton Size 30
Hook: US11 steel hook/~1.1mm
Timeframe:January 1, 2013
Mods: None.
Problems: None, this is one of those patterns I love, have made, and will make again!

Only four so far. I have enough thread left for an intricate doily, and if there's leftovers then I'll make a couple more. When I eventually get to that doily. It's gonna be awhile! They are stiffened using a 50%-ish white craft glue (I used Aleene's this time) and 50%-ish water, dunked to the fringe, and then pinned out. I suppose I could make it easier next time by putting on the fringe AFTER I stiffen it. Why didn't I think about that until just now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!