Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sing it, Britney!

When will knitters (I) learn to listen to that little nagging voice that says "you're doing it wrong, go back and check again"? Apparently not anytime in the past few weeks. I remember picking up the heel stitches and thinking, "Wow, this is a lot of stitches for a heel flap." Then I kept knitting.Then I wondered at how rippled the heel flap was. "The other one wasn't like that," I thought. Yes, the other one. The one I carried with me at all times. The one I brought out to show people who wondered what I was making. The one I did correctly. That one. The one I could have checked at any time to see if I was doing the same thing with the second.

I wasn't.


You can't really tell, but the two socks are lined up on the top. That's over an inch of additional fabric there. The stripes end up lining up towards the end, but they certainly do not for a good three inches.


The top one is the wrong one. See how it ripples? I picked up two stitches for every slipped stitch (2 rows) on the heel flap. It's supposed to be three stitches picked up for every two slipped stitches (4 rows). Oops. I did it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!