Sunday, January 5, 2014

Little Winter Sets

I took some bad pictures of the hats and mittens I made this year:


Pattern: Rib-A-Roni (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Blue Japanese yarn, Patons Classic Wool in Leaf Green, and Patons Classic Wool in Light Blue
Needles: US7/4.5mm
Timeframe: December 24 - 25, 2013
Mods: Knit the first row of each new color.
Problems: None!

Yarn: Blue Japanese yarn in two colors and Patons Classic Wool in Leaf Green
Needles: US7/4.5mm, USH for the crochet chain
Timeframe: December 22 - 25, 2013
Mods: Added a crochet chain to keep the mittens from getting lost.
Problems: I went down a needle and yarn size to make mittens for a 3-year-old, but I think they're a bit small.

This next set is adorable (if you make it right)! The hat has cute little ears and the mittens would have had cute little paw prints had I not lost the pink yarn somewhere between the knitting of the hat and the knitting of the mittens. I had it when I traveled for the holidays, and when it was finally time to duplicate stitch in the paws, the yarn was nowhere to be found. At least it wasn't truly necessary for the mittens and by losing the remnants of the skein, my yarn count went down a lot more than it would have otherwise!


Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Fedora, Patons Classic Wool in Taupe, and Patons Classic Wool in Old Rose
Needles: US5/3.75mm and US7/4.5mm, USH for the crochet chain
Timeframe: December 20 - 25, 2013
Mods: Added a crochet chain to keep the mittens from getting lost.
Problems: Aside from losing the yarn, none!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!