Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sock Update

After learning that my Lorna's Laces Solemate in Christmas at Downtown wasn't going to work in the original pattern, I took a browse through Ravelry and then went to my local library because they had Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn. I looked at all the other sock books on the shelf (my library has a great selection) and found six patterns for variegated yarns to add to my queue, one of which I cast on for almost immediately. After all, it was only lunchtime, I had a meeting that afternoon, and the only project in my bag was this one.


I changed the ribbing to flow better into the pattern of the sock, making it 3Px4K. After two repeats of the pattern itself, I decided that it was still getting lost, but I really liked the chunky rib of the cuff. Instead of ripping the pattern back, I left it as a cuff detail and began the rest of the sock in the 3Px4K rib:


Then I found it was spiraling and I really don't like it when the colors pool like that. It was a 77 stitch sock with a 7-stitch rib repeat. I like the chunky rib, so I'm going to try again with a 70 stitch sock. Third time's a charm, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!