Tuesday, February 4, 2014

This Will Take Awhile

I've been collecting wine corks to make a bunch of these:


Pattern: Korknisse (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Rich Red
Needles: US4/3.5mm
Timeframe: September 25 - 26, 2012
Mods: None.
Problems: I might add more rows to the sweater and/or hat next time. Also, I no longer have this one because my cats decided it was their toy and destroyed it.

I've been collecting them for over a year. The drawer I've been keeping them in has gotten pretty full:


There is no way I'm going to make gnomes out of all of these corks! So I decided to make a cork board. I purchased a large-ish frame that was fairly deep so the corks wouldn't be protruding much beyond the frame:


I removed the glass and the cows and began trying different designs with the available real corks, leaving the plastic ones for more gnomes:



I hot-glued all the available corks in place, fending off the "help" that just wanted to chase the corks:


Looks like I'm going to be working on this one for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!