Sunday, March 16, 2014

Useful Turtles

I made an adorable turtle bowl for my nephew and just had to have one for myself too. My sister said she really liked it too, so it looks like I've got a third to make!


Pattern: Turtle Bowl (mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage and Pistachio
Hook: 6.0mm/USJ
 Timeframe: October 6 - December 29, 2013
Mods: None!
Problems: None!
For mine, I ran out of the dark green and didn't have much of the light green left either. I used a different dark green yarn for the bowl and held the rest of the light green double with a cream colored yarn. It is an excellent craft bowl because it holds lots of useful things and you can use the head as a pincushion!



Pattern: Turtle Bowl (mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Pistachio and Caron One Pound in Leaf Green and Cream
Hook: 6.0mm/USJ
 Timeframe: December 19 - December 31, 2013
Mods: None!
Problems: I might use a larger hook next time.

The only question now is what to do for the third turtle bowl. Do I use the cream yarn for the head and feet, or go out and get more yarn? I'll probably just go with the cream - won't be quite as perfect and adorable as the first, but it'll work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!