Friday, August 14, 2015

Bulky Knits

I've gotten some bulky yarns from friends who used them for a project and had leftovers or started to knit but never got anywhere. I'm knitting them up into useful winter gear and giving them back this year. I've also been suffering from a bout of Start-Itis that conflicts with my desire to actually finish things and keep the number of WIPs down, so I lined up all the smaller/faster projects in my queue. I tried to actually finish things and assuage the Start-Itis, and it seems to have worked!


Yarn: Bernat Alpaca, two skeins
Needles: US13/9.0mm
Timeframe: August 7 - 10, 2015
Mods: Knit 'til all the yarn was gone instead of to a specific length.
Problems: None, though I think I might find a different pattern next time I have yarn with alpaca in it. The yarn fuzzes out the pattern a bit.


Pattern: Rainbow Twist (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
Needles: US15/10.0mm
Timeframe: August 11, 2015
Mods: US15/10.0mm needles because that's the largest size I currently have.
Problems: None!


Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
Needles: US11/8.0mm
Timeframe: August 11 - 12, 2015
Mods: US11/8.0mm needles because that's the closest in US needles without going down to make it smaller. Also added a pompom to finish off 100% of the yarn.
Problems: None,!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!