Thursday, August 17, 2017

How I Bead: Adding Beads to Knitting with Wire Tutorial

People have all sorts of different methods to put beads onto their knitting. There's the crochet hook method, get a tiny hook that will fit through the bead to hook it on, the Fleegle Beader, basically taking that crochet hook method and modifying it to make it easier to bead, using dental floss threaders, and my preferred way, using beading wire to slip the beads onto the stitches.


I like this method because it's cheap, it's easy, it attaches to your beading container, it allows you to count out the beads per row, and it's easy to fix if it breaks or gets a rough spot.


I get a strand of beading wire and attach it to the bead container, then bend the end into a hook.


I then put all the beads I need for a row onto the wire. That way I know I made a mistake somewhere if I run out or have beads left over at the end of the row.


To place the bead, I grab the loop of the stitch with the wire hook.


Then I close up the hook and slide the bead over it, down onto the stitch.


Once the bead is on the stitch, I put the stitch back onto the needle and keep going.


Simple, effective, and no difficulty getting a crochet hook into the bead or picking up the yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!