Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baby Gifts!

I have a niece on the way, so of course, baby gifts had to be made!

We've got a baby dress that is more of a shirt, due to using a too-small needle and having not enough yarn:


Yarn: Louet Gems in Burgundy and Old Gold
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm
Timeframe: November 28 - December 26, 2012
Mods: 2-color version, shorter and without bottom ribs due to lack of yarn.
Problems: None aside from lack of yarn and boneheaded needle choice.

A baby blanket:


For this blanket, my mom picked out a pattern for the blanket and I used stash yarn. I'm not too pleased with the softness factor and should have gone up a hook size or two to help with the softness/drape, but oh well, I wasn't about to rip it out and start back over when I realized!


Pattern: Baby's Best Bumpy Blanket (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron One Pound in Cream
Hook: USI/5.5mm
Timeframe: December 19 - 25, 2012
Mods: None.
Problems: None, unless you count wishing I'd used a different hook size.

I thought it looked a bit naked and unfinished without a border of some sort, so chose another stash yarn and searched through Ravelry and the internet at large for crochet borders.


Pattern: Lacy Vs Edging (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron One Pound in Leaf Green
Hook: USI/5.5mm
Timeframe: December 25, 2012
Mods: None, except that it's written explicitly for one blanket pattern and I used it on another, so my stitch counts were different.
Problems: None!

And a hat, but that one can't be shown off yet. I wanted to make bootees too, but I managed to get a cold that knocked me off my feet for a couple of days and didn't get there. Oh well, dress, blanket, and hat are still a good pile of gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!