Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Cross Stich

I made this one as a gift for my husband. Not sure if he'll like it and put it by his desk at home or at work or if we'll end up putting it in the bathroom or something, but I think it's excellent!


16ct Aida with some leftover "wine" floss from a kit I had and DMC Antique Effects in E3685 (burgundy) and E310 (black). Credit for the idea and design goes to beefranck on Flickr. I saw the original version while looking through subversive cross stitches and knew I must make one! I just changed out the horses to something I liked better, using Pic2Pat to create a chart from a vector image of the Ferrari horse logo. I do think that the smaller version on linen is much nicer than the larger version I've made, but I'm not unhappy with mine either. Backside glamor shot:



Hooray for finishing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!