Thursday, January 17, 2013

Finished Telemark Ski Sweater

I finished this awhile back, but didn't get pictures of it until this past winter break. This is a cardigan I made for my mom, my first major steeked colorwork piece and I do believe it turned out quite nicely:


Pattern: Telemark Ski Sweater (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Knit Picks Telemark in Black, Drift, and Colonial Blue
Needles: US5/3.75mm
Timeframe: July 31, 2008 -July 31, 2012
Mods: Made it into a cardigan.
Problems: I had gauge issues in the beginning and I worry that the steeked bits won't hold up, but so far so good, she's been wearing it a lot for the past two winters so it seems like the construction is good! For the full rundown of problems and a pictures along the way, check out my Ravelry project page.
 
It might not be the best colorwork sweater or the best example of a Norwegian sweater, but it is the first step towards Dale of Norway sweaters. Some day, I shall knit my mother, myself, and my husband (at least) actual Dale of Norway sweaters, but that time is not soon.


Sadly, no picture of the floats, but at least I finally got FO pictures of the sweater itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!