Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby Toys

I really wanted to make DNA baby rattles for some friends' babies. Isn't this just an excellent pattern?

From Baby's First DNA Model by Kimberly Chapman
In just under two months, I got this far:


This pattern was just too fiddly for me. It was coming out great and would probably have been an amazing rattle, I just did not like working on it. It's taken a trip to the frog pond.

I still needed/wanted to make toys for the under-1 crowd. For the first little one, I crafted a braided ball out of some pastel scraps and put a quiet rattle inside:


Yarn: New Hitsuji-chan, a Japanese DK-ish weight wool, in six colors
Needles: US5/3.75mm
Timeframe: December 13 - 15, 2013
Mods: None!
Problems: None, aside from the fact that the one black stripe is a bit odd but I went with the colors I had on hand.
 
I haven't yet gotten to the next two, but let me tell you, I am very excited and may make one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!