Monday, February 22, 2016

Crochet Crazy

Every so often, the crochet bug bites. This time, I wound up with a quick bookmark I sent to a friend, two owl coasters, also for mailing to friends, and a cowl whose fate is yet to be decided. The cowl was one of those things I HAD TO cast on the minute I saw it. It's not particularly my style, and the yarn I had wasn't particularly my color, but it was necessary. I'm a bit disappointed with how it turned out, it's a bit tight and tall - I'd do fewer stitches but more rounds if I were to make another. I'd also put it on right-side-out, which I apparently didn't do in this picture!


Pattern: Turtle Shell Cowl (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Paints in Peacock Feather
Hook: USJ/6.0 mm
Timeframe: January 23 - 25, 2016
Mods: None!
Problems: There are some errors in the pattern and some confusing bits in the scallops. Also, I'd work fewer stitches but more rows if I were making this again.


Hey look, I'm repeating a pattern I've made before! What a surprise!

Pattern: African Flower Owl (Ravelry mine 2)
Yarn: DMC Senso Cotton and Microfiber Cotton
Hook: USD/3.25 mm
Timeframe: February 8 - 14, 2016 (they take less than a day, but sat around waiting for eyes!)
Mods: Used buttons for eyes and didn't add a beak.
Problems: None!
 
 Pattern: Lace Bookmark (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: KnitPicks Bare Lace
Hook: USB/2.25 mm
Timeframe: January 26 - 27, 2016
Mods: CO 16 fewer stitches to make it a bit shorter.
Problems: None!

 I also made a few doily frisbees for niblings for the holidays last year. I thought they were excellent!


 Pattern: Flying Doily Frisbee (Ravelry mine 2 3)
Yarn: Pierrot Yarns New Hitsuji-Chan in purple, KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Superwash in Celestial
Hook: USF/3.75 mm
Timeframe: August 12 - 13 & October 31, 2015
Mods: CO 16 fewer stitches to make it a bit shorter.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!